Junior BackEnd Developer
Clarity’s mission is to bring social impact to market. Through our proprietary methodology, we are gaining a deeper understanding of the needs of the population and how to cover them more efficiently in order to better allocate capital to those most important needs. Therefore, we are creating a highly disruptive tech tool (SaaS) to systematically measure and optimize the social impact of investment portfolios powered by big data and machine learning algorithms.
People at Clarity don’t "talk" ethics and values, "live" values by example. Our international team is constantly embracing the challenge, solving problems, driving by the purpose of helping investors optimize the social impact of their portfolios. Together, we can become the “gold Standard” offering solutions to all society stakeholders — we're just getting started.
Would you like to join an international and fast growing Startup where you can play an important part in shaping its future? How about an opportunity to take part in next-generation social impact solutions in a highly collaborative work environment, where space for professional development is taken very seriously? Interesting, right? Keep reading!
Clarity is looking for an Junior Developer for the Tech team. If you’re a junior developer and you enjoy solving complex problems with code, developing using JVM languages and you are not afraid of learning new things, we are looking for you.
You will be part of the team delivering the different parts of our production-ready product, while co-designing and implementing an architecture that can scale up with the product and the company.
What we are looking for?
We like engineers who adapt quickly to new challenges and break them down in smaller pieces that a highly productive team will find high quality solutions for. As an Engineer you will have a solid technical foundation and a strong focus on growing your development skills.
Junior Developers should have a small but strong amount of experience in one area (application, service, domain, technology, stack,etc)
- Proven experience in web application and API development
- Knowledge of Java or Python is required
- Good Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Relational DataBases, also Document Databases as MongoDB is a plus
- Willing to learn the complexities and nuances of microservices architecture and distributed systems.
- Strong communication skills. The right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous conversation, since a part of the Clarity team will be based remotely.
- Open to try new technologies and programming languages.
- Fluency in English (C1)
It will be a plus if you had:
- Knowledge of data modelling or ETL process will be a nice to have
- Experience in SaaS fast growing business would be preferable, although not required.
- Ideally experience in the financial sector or regulated markets.
- Familiarity with some Web Framework ( Spring Boot, Jersey, Play..) is a plus
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with the Backend and the Data Engineering team, as well as all other areas that impact the product (SRE, Frontend, Data Science and our Product Managers)
- Develop web applications and code structures to solve specific tasks
- Fix, troubleshoot and solve bugs and issues
What We Offer
- People is one of Clarity’s main assets. We have built an unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs and researchers and PhDs.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leader under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum.
- We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work.
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversities of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
- We care about our employees. We think that every effort has to be rewarded and want them to feel comfortable with us.
- Salary proposals are between 10% and 15% above benchmark gross compensation.
- Benefits: We are offering a large benefits package for the team, considering their needs and interests.
- Stock/ Phantom: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in it with phantom stock options.
- We are a US company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have an amazing office in Madrid and in the short term we will open a new office in New York
- Our investors believe in us and share our goals. We are a leading startup thanks to public and private funding.
- Clarity has received several awards:
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017.
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent.
- Top 2 start-ups with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017.
- One of the most innovative Spanish companies by NeoTec.
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab.