Junior Business Developer/Solutions Analyst
Clarity’s mission is to bring social impact to the market. Through our proprietary methodology, we are gaining a deeper understanding of the needs of the population and how to cover them more efficiently in order to better allocate capital to those most important needs. Therefore, we are creating a highly disruptive tech tool to systematically measure and optimize the social impact of investment portfolios powered by big data and machine learning algorithms.
People at Clarity don’t "talk" about ethics and values, we "live" values by example. Our international team is constantly embracing the challenge, solving problems, driven by the purpose of helping investors optimize the social impact of their portfolios. Together, we can become the “gold Standard” offering solutions to all society stakeholders — we're just getting started.
Would you like to join an international and fast growing Startup where you can play an important part in shaping its future? How about an opportunity to take part in next-generation social impact solutions in a highly collaborative work environment, where space for professional development is taken very seriously? Interesting, right? Keep reading!
Clarity AI is looking for a Business Development / Solutions Analyst to join our Madrid Office, which will join our Solutions team, being able to perform in a key area for the growth of the company. This role will be business development and sales-focused, which will involve working with different types of clients, focused on extending the use and adoption of Clarity AI. If you’re a driven, smart, creative, and curious individual with passion for tech and social impact, we are looking for you!
Responsibilities of the role include:
Clients (B2B model - Institutional investors). Supporting client acquisition and relationship management internationally: meeting preparation and follow-ups. From the prospecting phase to contract negotiation, attending meetings with C-level of top asset managers and owners.
Customer Success: as a customer-centric organization, your goal will be to fluently communicate with our clients, be able to articulate their needs internally, and coordinate across different teams to delivery solutions that satisfy their needs
Solutions Operations: weekly and monthly pipeline monitoring, C-level (CRO, CEO) support and request coordination. You will contribute in defining and implementing Clarity AI’s sales processes and operations, and be responsible for ensuring that these are adopted and followed by the Company
Thought Leader Transmitting and being able to tailor Clarity AI messages on ESG, Impact, SDGs and Climate alignment to the specific stakeholders within our Clients.
What We Offer:
People are one of Clarity’s main assets. We have built a unique team and we all share 3 differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs and PhDs.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work.
Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
Diverse: Encouraging diversity of personalities, cultures and experiences.
Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
We care about our employees. We think that every effort has to be rewarded and want them to feel comfortable with us.
- Salary proposals are between 10% and 15% above benchmark gross compensation.
- Benefits: We are offering a large benefits package for the team, considering their needs and interests.
- Stock/ Phantom: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in our success with phantom stock options.
We are a US company with a Spanish subsidiary and presence in London. We have amazing offices in Madrid and NYC and we are currently opening an office in London.
Our investors believe in us and share our goals. We are a leading startup thanks to public and private funding.
Clarity has received several awards:
- WEF Technology Pioneer 2020
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017.
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent.
- Top 2 start-ups with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017.
- One of the most innovative Spanish companies by NeoTec.
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab.
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, statistics, mathematics or business.
- 1-3 years of successful sales (in the financial industry or sales of Cloud software solutions based on subscription) or 1 year of experience in strategy consulting / investment banking.
- General understanding of Sustainable Investment strategies and how ESG data and scores provide value to institutional investors.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills with a deep understanding of graphs and visuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as the business and technical communities.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, start-up paced environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Self-starter and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; demonstrated the ability to structure complex problems and develop creative reporting solutions.
- Excellent work stream and time management skills.
- Creativity and strategic thinking necessary to master both the daily hands-on analysis and the big picture reporting strategy.
- Complete fluency in English (minimum C1). Proficiency also in French (Dutch or German are a plus).
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time (once the COVID-19 pandemic has been resolved).
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application. We will contact those candidates who successfully meet our requirements for the position and have been chosen to continue in the recruitment process within the next days.